Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No Pictures...

Unfortunately, I lost my beloved camera a week ago with some fun pictures on it. I loved that camera and now I have to scrape up the money to get another one. I'll be using Brent's in the mean time until we get back to the US (no way am I going to a buy a camera in Euro). His isn't as good as mine, but it will have to do.
Last week, Brent's friend Trevor came to visit again from his army base in Germany. It was fun to have him again. We rented a row boat to cruise through the canals for a few hours and that was a blast. It was a bright sunny day so we enjoyed lunch in the boat and had an interesting time maneuvering under the small bridges. During my turn to row, I was going through a very skinny canal and was approaching a boat that was "parked" (no people). Brent tried to steer me by yelling out in boat terms ("steer port side!") knowing full well I had no idea what he was talking about and I think you can figure out what happened :) Just a little bump, no scratches or damage, but it sure was funny!
The next day we decided to ride our bikes out to the local beach, Katwijk, only 6k away. I had ridden there last year so I figured I could find my way there again as navigator. The three of us hopped on our bikes and enjoyed the flat journey which soon turned into a very long journey when I finally realized I didn't know where I was going. By the time we got home, what should have been a total of 12k, turned out to be 26k! Some navigator I was! But Holland has no hills so it was still a very nice and easy ride. There were some surfers out so I watched them enviously and then we had some snacks at a snack stand, about which time I apparently lost my camera.
It was a fun weekend and we are planning on visiting Trevor and his wife (whom I haven't met yet) for the July 4 weekend on base in Germany. We're looking forward to some American treats!

2 comments:

Melissa and Aaron said...

That's so sad about your camera:( Sounds like you had fun, though! Oh, and love the safety pin story from your first dance...NICE!

Kimberly said...

I echo Melissa's comment about your lost camera. That stinks!